Terrace is the most crucial segment of a building, and it is exposed to direct climatic variations, extremes of rainfall and structural movements caused thereby.
IMPORTANCE OF WATER PROOFING FOR ROOFS
A building or structure needs waterproofing as concrete itself will not be water tight on its own. All the flat roofs in the modern age are generally constructed of reinforced cement concrete. This material removes all the problems of flat roofs except that the roof should be made water proof by employing any of the various methods available for moisture proofing.
METHODS FOR WATER PROOFING
Water proofing can be done by the various following methods:
- Brick Bat Lime Coba Treatment
- Mud Phuska Treatment
- Bitumen Coating With Sand Sprinkling
- Bitumen Felt Treatment and Glass Fibre Felt Treatment
- China Mosaic Treatment
- Indian Waterproofing Method
- Oversees Waterproofing Method
- Proof Solution Method (by Nina Industry)
- Leak Proof (by Water Proofing Corp, India)
- Aqua Proof (by ACC)
- Roof-Con (by De-Rust Chemical Corp)
- Aqua (by Crystal Chemical)
- Britex 100 (by Britex Chemical Industries)
- Poly Urethane Foam (by Oversees Water Proofing Company)
- Latex Phalte W H (by Synthetic Asphalt)
- Silicon Based Water Repellant (Syltrit 1772)
- Epoxy Coal Tar (Paribond)
- Aqua Seal
- Chime Seal
- Epoxy Painting Or Grouting
- Cico, Puddlo, Impermo
- M-Seal & Epoxy In Various Formulation
- Polythene Trt
- Mastic Asphalt
These are some of the methods that are employed for water proofing of roofs. There are many more techniques available which can also be used in combination with these methods.
Kindly contact us in order to have deeper understanding.