What is the surface preparation process used for? – Services by VIVABLAST
Surface preparation is the process of treating the surface of a substance to increase its adhesion to a coating. The most important function affecting the performance of the coating is the quality of the surface preparation. These can be done mechanically or chemically.
The surface preparation process is an indispensable step for the product to be commercially viable, which must be transferred to the surface treatment and finishing process.
The methods of surface preparation include:
- Method 1: Use chemicals, cleaning metal surfaces with chemicals such as organic solvents, alkaline solutions … will completely remove rust, mold, and dirt. Applying this chemical method is not only relatively efficient but also easy to implement and low cost.
- Method 2: Mechanical grinding is one of the most commonly applied methods of metal surface treatment today. For this technique, we need to prepare a dedicated grinding device and grinding powder to clean the metal.
- Method 3: surface polishing technique, usually, only narrow metal surfaces are used to lighten this metal surface. Up to the present time, we have two polishing technologies: dry and wet.
The surface preparation process is used for clearing a surface of any:
Surface preparation service and surface finishing technology from VIVABLAST
In addition to providing surface preparation processes, we also design, construct and operate large grit/shot spraying and coating plants equipped with automatic recovery systems, integrated dust elimination systems (dust-free), air cooling system, moisture separator system, and air drying system.
Our factories can produce 24/7, depending on output requirements.
With more than 500 Workers trained and well-equipped for surface preparation works, we can perform any kind of works in our factories or on-site.
We provide surface preparation of all types of metals as per ISO 8501-1:1988, NACE, SSPC, AS/NZS 1627 standards and cleaning methods:
Surface finishing technology:
- Electrostatic Powder Coating: the coating of a plastic layer on the surface of the details that need to be covered. There are two popular types of plastics: thermoplastics and thermosets.
- Electro-painting – An ionic metal is supplied with electrons to form a non-ionic coating on the surface. A common system consists of a chemical solution in the ionic form of the metal, an anode, and a cathode where electrons are supplied to produce a non-ionic metal film. Electroplating is used in the automotive industry, corrosion resistance, and electronics.
- Electroplating – Join several reactions simultaneously in an aqueous solution, which happen without the use of external electricity.
All types of substrate cleaning methods
Application of surface preparation measures in practice
Below are some of the applications that can apply surface preparation measures to:
To get information about products, please visit our page: Blastrite