Solar technology has vastly developed over the years. It is enhanced by solar battery storage systems, turning solar energy into a significantly more efficient source of clean energy. However, no matter what energy source you use, there are always downsides. Let’s analyze the advantages and disadvantages of solar system installation in the content below.
1. The solar system installation – Overview, advantages and disadvantages
The sun is a huge energy source, but we only can collect a small portion of this energy. Harnessing this energy by installing solar panels can make a significant difference to our planet. It is not to deny the practical benefits of solar system installation.
1.1 Solar system installation – the benefits and the mechanism
Solar power is a clean, low-cost renewable energy source that can be generated anywhere the sun shines. The purpose of solar installation is to connect several devices to build a solar power system generating energy from the sun. The sun’s light energy is then converted into electricity, which is used for domestic and industrial activities.Solar power has a relatively simple operating principle. First, the solar panel system is installed on the roof (roof top solar), wall, or other suitable places to get maximum sun exposure. Sunlight shining directly on the solar cell will be converted into direct current by the photovoltaic effect.The inverter will convert this DC current into alternating current when the current is excited into a standard 220V sinusoidal alternating current with the same power and frequency as the mains. At that time, charging with solar energy will fully charge the storage battery system.
1.2 Solar system installation and the advantages of solar energy
There are some advantages that you will get with the solar system installation:
- Renewable energy source: Among all the benefits of solar installation, the most important thing is the self-renewable energy source. It can be exploited in all regions of the world and is always available. Unlike some other energy sources, we cannot use all of the solar energy. According to technical experts, solar energy will be usable as long as we have the sun, so the sunlight will be available for at least 5 billion years.
- Reduce electricity costs: Your electricity needs can be met through solar system installation. So you can save the most on electricity costs. However, how much you can save depends on the size of your solar system and your electricity needs. In some countries, users save on electricity bills and potentially receive payment for excess energy that you export back to the grid if you generate more electricity than you use.
- Low maintenance cost: Solar systems generally do not require much maintenance. You just need to keep them relatively clean by cleaning them once a year. Most solar installation services come with a 20-25 year warranty. In addition, the solar system has no moving equipment, there is no wear and tear. After covering the initial cost of your solar system, you don’t need to worry about spending too much on maintenance and repairs.
1.3 Disadvantages of solar system installation that you should know
Besides advantages, solar system installation has some disadvantages, such as:
- Installation cost: The initial cost to install a solar power system is relatively high. This cost is required for solar panels, inverter, battery, wiring, and installation fee. However, solar technology is constantly growing, so this cost should be reduced in the future.
- Depend much on the weather: Although it is still possible to collect solar energy on cloudy and rainy days, the solar system’s efficiency will inevitably decrease. As solar panels depend on sunlight to efficiently collect solar energy. As a result, a few cloudy, rainy days can significantly affect the energy system. You should also note that solar energy cannot be collected at night. On the other hand, if you also require your water heating solution to work at night or during winter, then thermodynamic panels are an alternative to consider.
- Environmental pollution problem: Although the pollution associated with the solar power system is much less than with other energy sources, solar energy can still cause some pollution problems. The transportation and solar system installation are associated with greenhouse gas emissions. There are also several toxic materials and hazardous products used in the manufacture of solar photovoltaic systems, which can indirectly affect the environment.
2. Solar system installation and the maintenance
Since there are no moving parts, solar panels rarely require maintenance. Once you have spent the cost of solar installation, there is not much involved in maintaining them. You only need to have your solar system checked once a year for dirt and dust cleaning. The panels must be clean and free of any obstructions that prevent them from absorbing sunlight effectively.You can clean the panels by yourself, but you should consult the installer about the warranty conditions. For simple cleaning, you can use a regular garden hose to wash the sides of the panels, and you should do this in the morning or at night. You should avoid spraying cold water while the panels are still hot as this can damage them.However, for a more in-depth inspection of your solar system installation, you should find a professional service. With many years of experience in installation and maintenance for solar projects, VIVABLAST is confident in bringing the best service to customers. To receive detailed consulting information, do not hesitate to contact us via:
- Phone: (+ 84-28) 38 965 006/7/8
- Fax: (+ 84-28) 38 965 004
- Email: email@example.com