Sludge treatment is one of the most important jobs to ensure that the factory’s discharge does not severely impact to the environment. In this article, we will provide basic information about sludge treatment and solutions that VIVABLAST is providing.
Sludge treatment: Definition, industrial role and the treatment service at VIVABLAST
This article includes 3 main ideas as below:
- The definition of sludge and sludge processing treatment
- The importance of the treatment
- Introduction about the treatment service that VIVABLAST is providing
1.1. What is sludge?
Before learning about sludge treatment, please take a look at what sludge is. Sewage sludge is a by-product generated during wastewater treatment in urban areas and industrial zones. Sludge typically includes organic matter from human waste, food scraps, microorganisms, trace chemicals, inorganic solids, and water for residential spaces.Sludge also comes from industrial plants in many industries such as food, pulp, paper production, chemicals, and fuels… The amount of sludge discharged will vary by industry. Some industrial sludge can be sent straight through the city sewer network to be treated with municipal sludge or sent to a treatment plant.
1.2. What is sludge treatment?
Sludge treatment is the process of treating the amount of sludge present in wastewater to minimize its adverse impacts on humans and the environment and as well as it into usable materials. When adequately treated, sludge can be used as agricultural fertilizer. The quality of the treated sludge will vary depending on the initial wastewater composition. The treatment is carried out for the following purposes:
- Reducing the number of harmful microorganisms, which can cause pathogens, and preventing them from affecting human health and the living environment.
- Stabilizing some organic components in the sludge prevents them from turning into toxic gasses that are harmful to the atmosphere.
- Reducing its final mass, thereby minimizing the handling costs. Sludge usually accounts for only 0.2 – 0.4% of the wastewater received by the treatment plant, but it accounts for up to 50% of the plant operating costs for treatment.
- Collecting reusable or resold by-products to offset disposal costs.
1.3. Treatment process classification
The sludge treatment processes can be categorized into 3 types according to the criteria:
1. The effluent origin
- Urban sludge
- Industrial sludge
2. The wastewater treatment phase
- Primary sludge
- Secondary sludge (biological)
- Mixed sludge
- Tertiary sludge (chemical or physicochemical)
3. The sludge line treatment
Wastewater without sludge treatment cannot be recovered. When sludge is separated from wastewater, it needs to be treated explicitly because it can pollute the environment, create unpleasant odors for residential areas or affect health.At the same time, sludge is also considered a potential recycling resource and is increasingly being exploited. Wastewater treatment companies can recover biogas from sludge to turn it into a nutrient-rich fertilizer product thanks to anaerobic digestion technology. The value of sludge treatment is not only in controlling the risk of pollution but also in recovering and regenerating resources.
Most domestic and industrial wastewater in Vietnam is discharged directly into the natural water environment, such as rivers, lakes, canals, and the sea, causing severe water pollution. When there is too much sludge, the water quality is significantly reduced. As a result, sludge treatment is essential to ensure the manufacturers’ commitment to the environment. VIVABLAST applies many advanced technologies such as WWTF (wastewater treatment plant), MICS ASIA ((mobile industrial cleaning service) and Kemira sustainable treatment and chemical products to bring water & mud treatment solutions throughout Vietnam. These are all widely used technologies in the world. Those technologies are sustainable, cost-effective, and efficient choices for wastewater & sludge treatment for industries, helping avoid ecological disasters in Vietnam.Advantages of industrial wastewater & sludge treatment services provided by VIVABLAST:
- Our solutions enable the reuse of valuable waste.
- Accelerate wastewater management for sustainable hybrid goals.
- With a team of well-trained technicians, along with Kemira products, our EU-certified treatment system meets all the stringent standards of the domestic environmental regulatory agency.
For more information about our treatment solutions, you can visit the introduction of dewatering and sludge treatment services on VIVABLAST’s website, or you can connect directly with us via:
- Phone: (+ 84-28) 38 965 006/7/8
- Fax: (+ 84-28) 38 965 004
- Email: email@example.com
We hope that our above article has provided you with a lot of helpful information about the sludge treatment process, both in industry and urban areas. If you are looking for an effective, fast, and guaranteed solution provider according to European standards, then VIVABLAST will be a worth-considering company.Our other Green Solutions: